Inspiration to build my mechanical keyboard came from an article from « beastie.lesfurets.com ».
I like the visible micro-controller (a Teensy 2.0) but I’m thinking to use a more traditional layout (without numerical pad).
I ordered almost all parts, including :
- 100 Cherry MX blue switches (face plate mount),
- 100 diode 1N4148,
- I also ordered stabilizers parts from wasdkeyboard for large keys (like space, tab, shift and backspace) :
- Cherry MX Stabilizer Spring for Spacebar,
- Cherry MX Stabilizer Spring for 2x+ Keycaps,
- Cherry MX Plate Mounted Stabilizer Clips,
- Cherry MX Keycap Stabilizer Insert,
- and, of course, keycaps from pimpmykeyboard composed of
DSA key means they can be placed anywhere ; other families (DCS or SA) means keycaps are different according the row, see http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-cap-family-specs/ for further details.
For the micro-controller, II will reuse a Teensy I already bought.