MATT will be composed of 3 main modules (CORE, POWER, IOAPEX), plus an ecosystem of submodules.
Some of the submodules I will/would design are as follows.
- CORE input modules:
- mic/instrument preamp with opamps
- mic/instrument preamp with vacuum tubes (using POWER)
- RIAA phono preamp (stereo, it would take both inputs)
- CORE output modules:
- headphone preamp with opamps (stereo, it would take both outputs)
- small speaker driver (1 or 2 W, mono)
- big speaker driver (10-20 W, mono, using POWER)
- IOAPEX modules:
- 4x4 buttons matrix with LEDs
- 4 channel mixer control module: each channel with 1 slider, 1 mute button, 1 solo button, 3 knobs for bass-mid-treble, and 4 LEDs for VU meter.
- 4x4 FSR matrix
- 3 octaves compact keyboards (maybe with FSRs?) with pitch-bend and modulation
- POWER modules:
- POE with Ethernet could be a separate module
For the IOAPEX submodules, the limit is one's imagination. I was already thinking of making a Minimoog mockup control interface and plug it in the IOAPEX, or a Rebirth hardware clone... I would really love to bring something like that around as a demo :)