The future

A project log for Printing bones on a DIY powder bed 3d printer

This project focuses on using building a budget powder bed 3d printer capable of printing bones, and creating the needed ink and powder.

JureJure 05/12/2017 at 20:270 Comments

Next few weeks are going to be rather hellish. I am having my final exams at the end of may, where I will be recaping everything I have learned in 4 years. This is why there will be irregular logs, where I will be talking of what I have managed to do. I will be trying to finish on some basic upgrades. In June i am planning to continue on material research part of this project (mainly ideas posted in comments, PVA as binder and probably usage of currently researched additives on other powders).

Hopefully I will be able to finish the replacement of printheads and addition of SBC in one to two weeks. These are currently the hardest for me to do, so mistakes, bugs and errors are bound to hapen.

I will be also focusing on uploading files for current version of the printer to A360, so everyone can se how I made the printer.