Just a quick update; I have mounted the laser head back on the frame. All the electronics work and the machine is good for a few tests. As said, I have removed the cylinder lenses to increase ease of use. Due to a wiring error I blew up the polygon motor with chip NBC3111, I have replaced the polygon motor with motor with the chip Panasonic AN4000A. This motor produces a lot more noise at the same speed. It can effect future measurement, I have ordered new ones but have to wait 2 weeks.
The white paper placed on the build plate is to mark the area needed by the scanner. You can see a blue markings for that. A laser head has a greater height tolerance than a 3D printer nozzle, so leveling is not really an issue. The laser is far out of focus here, the head is typically closer to the paper.