We need a structural engineer to look at my plans and stamp them. I have personally created all of the AutoCAD drawings and the wind/stress calculations. All he needs to do is stamp it! I can't meet the engineer any more on his terms. We lack the money to properly pay a structural engineer. All I can offer is $400 and six months of daily advertising! What more is there?! How can I raise these funds?! We have everything else. We just need the tower stamp so we can get the city building permit! It seems we have steps 1-5 and steps 8-12 complete! The engineers just keep falling through!
- Get written permission from a land owner to erect tower
- Get FCC permission to use 107.9FM in our area
- Get FAA permission to erect a tower within 10 miles of an airport.
- Get FCC construction permit
- Draw up tower plans
- Get plans reviewed and stamped
- Get Transmitter/EAS
- Generate content
- Gather at least $400/mo in sponsors and advertisers
- Obtain the tower
- Obtain the concrete/rebar/sand/forms for foundation
- Find a Licensed and Insured contractor willing to fulfill the plans
Ghah! This wasn't supposed to be the hard part!