Putting this PCB together has been quite a journey.
While soldering QFNs I broke down and purchased a microscope and a hot air tool. The hot air tool was really cheap and is already loudly rattling after only a month in the shop.
I just received a board back from @oshpark that has some new accoutrements:
- 0.8mm thickness
- Tag Connect connections! (working!)
- ADP2504 buck boost
- SOIC footprint motor drivers
It is all working well and it is the correct weight.
Things to fix in next rev:
- Connect PGND (pin 9) on motor drivers to ground (FACEPALM)
- Connecting points for the motors are covered in solder mask (??)
- Fix lag in comms between joystick and blimp (code? power problems? idk)
- Measure current accurately with Astro Flight Wattmeter to get sense of battery curve