There is finally the the first (pre-) release of the W1209 $1.50 data logging thermostat!
It's based on the latest STM8 eForth (pre-release 2.2.20.pre.1), and the binary was automatically built in uCsim, and deployed, by Travis-CI.
- heating thermostat, e.g. for building chicken egg incubators
- basic sensor failure detection
- parameters for set-point, hysteresis, and trip-delay
- easy to use parameters menu (no need to search for a manual!)
- temperature logger with 0.1h to 10h interval, and a 288 entry ring-buffer
- logger access through a serial console
- fully programmable in Forth, even while the thermostat is running!
Although it's feature-complete, it's work in progress.
For the future, the following feature are planned:
- Improved logger with min/max temperature, and heating duty cycle
- Field-bus feature for thermostats
- more fail-safe features (parameter integrity, maybe a buzzer)