The final goal is a something with a custom circuit board. In the meantime, Build Logger has to be prototyped from existing parts. Here's what I'm thinking so far:
- A Digix for the brain. It is an Arduino Due-compatible board with Wifi, a web server, and SD card socket.
- The EasyVR Shield 2.0 for voice commands.
- An Emic 2 Text-To-Speech module.
- A small speaker and simple custom audio amplifier.
- A voice recorder breakout board. This will offload audio sampling from the main CPU and should give better quality.
- and probably several Go-Between Shields so everything plugs in easily.
For now, I'm not going to worry too much about a battery. From prior experience, I know the Digix will run forever on a small solar panel and battery pack, so the extra peripherals can't be all that much load.