So, as some of you may know, I've been working on my "Arcadization" of the SNES classic, "Zombies ate my Neighbors."
I actually started by de-censoring the blood on the game over screen, but that led me to dig deeper into the code.
To date, I've added HUD support for displaying the number of lives that are left for each character and even added SRAM support for saving of High Scores!
You may notice that the HUD has moved to the bottom of the screen as well. This is to distinguish it from the original game. That, and I kind of like it down there.
Next on my list:
- Will need to debug a few things regarding High Score saving.
- Enabling Coin-up support (one of the four extra inputs for each controller).
- Jumper options for the game (the final 3 inputs extra for each controller).
- Determine what jumpers/options will be available for the game.
- Coin-up mode will disable the password feature and display "INSERT COIN" instead of "PRESS START"
- I want to support 2P join-in mode. Currently, when in 2P mode, if one player loses all their lives, they cannot join in again until the final player gets a game over.
Some ideas for jumpers/game options:
- Determine how many lives are gained from coin-up.
- Enable free play/coin-up mode.
- Determine starting lives.
- Determine difficulty such as re-spawn rates, drop rates, enemy persistence.