a couple of small updates from me. I have been heavily working on the project for the past couple of days and fighting with some annoyances. Good news is, I have them mainly fixed and at the moment I am preparing a "first (stable) version" of the project to be ready for the end of the contest. However, development will go on after that (although maybe somewhat slower).
I uploaded the first bunch of files containing all the hardware files (schematic, Gerbers) needed for KiCad and the MQ135 arduino library I created (more on that later) to github. The source code for the trinket will follow soon. The links to the repository are on the main project page on the left side.
As sort of a late christmas present to people interested in the project I decided to give away some of the Rev 0 PCBs I ordered . I got 10 PCBs made of which I won't need all for prototyping, so I decided that 5 of them are up for grab on a first come - first serve basis. There are some caveats, read them carefully:
- The Rev0 PCBs have a couple of issues that I already discusses as well as a some I haven't discussed yet. They can be made to work but are not representing what I intend for the "final version" of the project (may this ever happen). Those PCBs are intended for people wanting to experiment with the project and (hopefully) giving some input.
- It is understood that they come without any Warranty, Liability and so on...
- The PCBs are free of charge but I will collect postage costs upfront from you via Paypal. I will send them as normal letter and charge you whatever the German postal service is charging me. I am not responsible if they get lost or anything else: If they arrive, fine, if not, bad luck. UPDATE: I looked up the shipping costs and it seems that the German postal service charges about 1.20 US$ for a standard international letter to pretty much any country. Shipping times vary (they quote 2-5 days to the US but I doubt that).
- SMD soldering skills are required.
- You just get the naked PCB (no components!).
Should you wish to get one PCB under those circumstances, write me a PM with your address and I will send you a quote with the shipping costs and my PayPal account. Once I get the money, I will post your letter.
Meanwhile have all fun with the remainder of the contest!