I didn't like how the down-facing strip lights were looking, so I modeled and printed a new ring light.
It printed in two pieces. The white part is a PLA box with a .2mm bottom which acts as a diffuser, and there is a black PLA bottom with a foil reflector built in. Each part weighed about 3 grams.
The warped corner here was from soldering it after sticking it in. Oops.
By turning the LED strips on their side again I was able to fit 7 segments in half the space of the 4 I had planned. This required the reflector on the bottom, which was made with some AL foil and spray glue.
I used these LED strips, the same ones I used for the part lighting. They are 5630 super bright LEDs rated at 22 lumens per LED so I should have a total flux of 462 lumens. Not all of that light is getting out, but it's still 3/4 as bright as aiming them straight down, and the diffuser makes the resulting lighting much more even.
Need to make a new mirror still, and then start on configuring OpenPnP.