- Obtain a fuel map from the original VW ECU as a starting-point for ECUality
- Answer questions about how the original ECU behaved, such as:
- What aspect of the O2 sensor signal does it care about? (threshold crosses/sec? DC voltage?)
- Generally, does the optimization routine change the "shape" of the map, or just apply a global offset?
- How fast does the optimization respond?
Here, I use an Arduino Leonardo to send signals to the original ECU that simulate sensor data from a running engine. With that stimulus going in, I record the pulse-duration of the injector signal coming out.
The breadboard between the Leonardo and the ECU contains:
- a couple RC (low-pass) filters for smoothing PWMs into analog voltages.
- a couple N-mosfets for handling a voltage-shift (0-5V to 0-12V)