The first build will be relatively simple. One solar panel and one battery. Only the charging ports to begin with so the robots will not be connected to anything yet as far as data sharing goes.
Electricity is dangerous, grounding is important. Make sure this device is grounded before everything is patched together into a circuit.
Build the Solar circuit-
- Start with your Racking system.
- I will go into further detail in the future but make sure your bots have sufficient space and shade(mostly from the panel) and you have space to implement the onboard computer.
- 2x4s will work work to mount the racking system for your solar panel.
- attach solar panel. In this example it is a 100 Watt 12 Volt panel.
- Attach the panel to the racking system.
- Wire it to your charge controller and wire the controller to the battery like so: