I've spent several hours the last few nights trying to figure out why output wasn't working. First I assumed it was an upgrade to Cube 1.5 which is a fairly safe bet, as the HAL drivers are a buggy abstraction layer as to what is actually going on. Then it finally came to me that the proto board had pullups and the Discovery board did not. I enabled the internal pullups and bingo it was working as it should. OLED driver for the SSD1306 is now working along with fonts and mono bitmaps. I've also improved my ADF init strategy which should now support fine cal mode. Hopefully new proto boards will be in late next week. More good news the VHF PA footprint/package can be had in a UHF version which I've ordered samples. Other than a few passives and finding a replacement Tx/Rx switch it should be trivial to have a vhf version and uhf version.