It's very easy to use IPFS to start building decentralized metaverse apps in JanusVR. All you need to do is download IPFS from here: https://ipfs.io/docs/install/ then follow the steps to initialize. Here's how you can easily add files to drag and drop into your Janus app:
- Go to the folder with the assets you wish to load in
- Open the command prompt in the current directory and type ipfs add -r .
- The last hash represents the root folder, copy that and load up JanusVR.
- Press escape and open the web browser
- Open contents with http://ipfs.io/ipfs/<yourhash> which will cache the files through the main IPFS gateways. Your assets will be online instantly
- Ctrl-click and drag the objects or images out of the web page into your room. That's it!
For building rooms, I find that having an inventory list of all the hashes helps to speed things up.
Once you drop your asset into a room with IPFS, you can use the JanusVR built in code editor to do really cool stuff and preview the changes live with the update button!
Finally, you can also use IPFS to bundle the entire application and set a portal to link to it. This step will let you instantly publish your creations, censorship free, without needing to deal with one of the many walled gardens such as Google Play or the Oculus Store. The hash for IPFS racing is here: QmSrHBJUaXYe3oJt1rdTDDGvUYC3AuwAfigHnvsqTtbDhc. The Metaverse should be kept free and open, bring back power to the users and decentralize all the things! No one owns the internet. Here's how it looks in Janus versus JanusWeb (transparency working).
Rooms will load fine on mobile web browsers and VOIP also works but there lacks controls (will test bluetooth controller in the future).