Well guys we did it. Our prototypes are on their way to Pasadena. Here's a breakdown of what we've done so far. Despite delays with our revised board design our software has been moving along quiet well. Malti's interface is built on top of iPython Notebook. To get it working with the Raspberry Pi we've implemented a miniature web browser using Qt Webkit that runs at start-up. Because Qt Needs OpenGL to run Webkit and we're running our display over the SPI interface we had to trick the Pi into running OpenGL buy using frame buffer copy. Right now I'm diligently working to get all of the code cleaned up and on Github.
Until then we've added a video of our prototype. We've had this for a while but haven't had a chance to edit it.