For the project Delta-Sigma versus PWM it was necessary to show how the two waveforms vary with the duty cycle, something like this:
How it was done
- save on your disk a sequence of similar pictures. For the above animation, the pictures were first saved as .PNG
- upload the pictures to an online GIF animator site. I like http://ezgif.com/maker, but there are many others
- adjust the animation upon your wish. You can change the speed, resize, crop and so on
- save the animated result to your disk
- open a new browser tab, then drag and drop the saved animation to it, to check the result
- if you like it, drag and drop it to your Hack A Day log. You should see the picture animated in your HaD log.
Note: Use the Animated GIF format. Do not use Animated PNG. Most of the browsers does not play APNG. After you end editing your HaD log, you may want to open your log with 2-3 different Internet browsers, just to be sure that most of the people will see an animation, not just a static picture.