As promised, here is the GitHub link to our growing open source library! Special thanks to Stephen Olesen / VE6SLP who made a lot of this possible! If anyone is looking for an amazing developer, I can put you in touch with him. This guy had half of this working before I could even get a prototype shipped to him.
Remember, it is still in development, but I am too excited so I *must* show you!
Things are still going full steam ahead with development, but this should give you a great idea of where things are headed. As we expand the library, expect to see more and more examples that leverage the new capabilities.
Even better, we hope you contribute to our library and growing example base! We are working on a breadboard schematic so some of you can rig up what we have on the HamShield and develop even before your HamShield arrives!
Here are some highlights of our library's capabilities:
- General radio functions (Frequency, transmit, receive, VOX, RSSI, etc)
- Programmable power amplifier (has non-linear performance, but still cool!)
- CTCSS (PL tone) and CDCSS (DCS digital tones)
- Disable emphasis / de-emphasis / etc (potential "discriminator" tap mode)
- Single and Dual Tone detection (On chip DSP)
- Single and Dual Tone generation (On chip DSP)
- AFSK 1200 baud packet modem (Transmit and Receive)
- AX.25 packet radio framing support (Transmit and Receive)
- APRS support (Transmit and Receive)
- KISS TNC support! (Turn your Arduino into a KISS compatible TNC)
- Morse code functions (ie: morseOut("HELLO WORLD"); !)
- DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) waveform framework for custom digital modes
- Martin 1 SSTV (slow scan television) with bitmap support
- Wait for empty channel
- White space channel finder
- Radio scanner
- Weather channel finder and tuner
- MURS/FRS/GMRS tuning support
Some library roadmap and a few neat ideas we are kicking around:
- A low power mesh messaging framework for off-grid / solar operations
- Improved packet radio support
- 9600 baud FSK (still *very* experimental, cannot promise anything yet. But maybe!)
- Experimental trunked radio mode
- HamShield daisy chaining support for repeater and duplex configurations
- Digipeter support
- Weather station support
- More neat features
We already have some great examples in our library, including our serial port controlled radio, APRS messenger, and KISS TNC packet radio sketch.
Also, this week I am expanding on my solar powered experiment I did last Sunday. I hope to have another video soon!