H04R10 / H04R20 are compact coin-cell lithium battery holders that fit two CR2032 batteries in parallel (H04R10) or in series (H04R20).The output voltage is provided through Hexabitz SMD edge-pad connectors (3.0V in H04R10 and 3.3V in H04R20 on top and GND on bottom).
Note 1: H04R10 was named H13R00 before.
Note 2: H04R20 was named H13R10 before.
Note 3: These modules do not ship with coin-cell batteries.
- 2 x CR2032 lithium coin-cell battery holders in parallel (+3.0V output) in H04R10.
- 2 x CR2032 lithium coin-cell battery holders in series (+3.3V output) in H04R20.
- Six power ports (+3.0V/+3.3V and GND).
- 2 x BLP2032SM-GTR SMD coin-cell holder with gold-plated contacts.
- H04R10: BAT54JFILM 40V 0.3A reverse current protection Schottky diode. (Can be shorted with a solder jumper.)
- H04R20: TPS76433DBVT 3.3V 0.15A LDO.
- Shape: Hexagon
- Size: 3 cm short diagonal
- Area: 7.8 cm^2
- Soldermask Color: Dark green
- Finish: ENIG (gold) or HASL-LF (tin)
- Module factsheet. (Note: More module options will be listed later.)
Q: How much current do I get from a single H04R10?
A: Most CR2032 coin-cell batteries are about 200mAh capacity with a standard discharge current of 0.2mA. With two in parallel, you can get up to 450-500mAh of each H04R10 module.
Q: What happens if I have another higher voltage source in my board?
A: There is a reverse protection Schottky diode on H04R10 that prevents current from flowing back into the coin-cell battery in case you have higher voltage (e.g., 3.3V or 5V) applied at the same time. Note that although Schottky diodes have low forward voltage drop, the drop can reach 300mV at the above battery discharge rate. To avoid having a lower output voltage (3-0.3 = 2.7V), you can short the reverse protection diode on H04R10 with a solder jumper.
Q: How much current do I get from a single H04R20?
A: Most CR2032 coin-cell batteries are about 200mAh capacity with a standard discharge current of 0.2mA and voltage of 3V. With two in series, you can get same capacity but double the voltage. The voltage is regulated back down to 3.3V to be compatible with other Hexabitz modules. You can also solder H04R20modules together, connecting them in parallel, to get more capacity.