Over the weekend I soldered up a new ARM PCB. To start with, I just wrote a simple blinkylight program to ensure that the main chip runs, and that programming works. After a couple false starts, I got the light blinking. Yay!
This confirms that the following tasks have succeeded:
- The PCB correctly runs an ARM STM32F410 chip (it has all the needed power supply caps and such)
- Programming works (via a Nucleo with the jumpers set to program an external board)
- STM Cube software correctly configures the chip
Next step is to get the motor driving components on the board (some mosfets and such), and verify that the motors work.
After that, I can start porting the AVR Chiindii code to ARM (OK, I have started, but there is still lots of work to go).
Unfortunately my time is quite limited in May / June, so I don't know how much I will be able to get done until summer.