O-Led Morphing clock
Harifun's Morphing Digital Clock
Nice animation, (too) big LED array, too bright, blue color will keep you awake
Craig Bonsignore's Open Clock Project
Nice clock, but without a manual, you can't properly operate it. Sometimes digits are green and sometimes red.
The idea of the arcade buttons is good, but the menu navigation is quite unusual. The black button cycles through the menu items of the top hierarchy level. The red button is used to go from top hierarchy to the level second level. Then it cycles through the menu items of that second level. The white button finally is used to change user settings. As there are only three buttons, you can only cycle in one direction through the items. For setting the year or the minutes of the hour, that's quite annoying. A fourth button would have made menu navigation a lot more intuitive: up, down, select & back.
See how long it takes and how many key presses are needed to set it all up?
Alpha Clock Five
- Simple housing
- Expensive LED display.
- Acrylic housing (laser cut)
3-Way Display Alarm with 2.2" TFT
- Has a brightness setting for day, night and allows setting brightness level for day/night transition.
- It's personal taste, but :
- I dislike the use of a different color for each digit.
- Why design & 3D-print a RECTANGULAR housing? Choose a COTS-housing, design your electronics to fit that housing, make cutouts in the housing where needed.