Below is a quick description of a typical use case of the password generator with limited information on what is happening internally. That will be the topic of another post.
Adding a new website login:
- Plug the password manager into usb slot for power (could be a usb battery bank).
- Select "add new login" from menu.
- Enter website name and username.
- Optionally change password length and encoding (e.g. to select alphanumeric only)
- Save the new login. The device will randomly generate and store a password for you.
Using a login:
- Plug the password manager into the usb slot of the device you want to enter the password for (e.g. laptop, phone etc)
- Navigate to the website where you wish to login and place your cursor in the username field.
- Select the appropriate login on the password manager.
- Enter your master password.
- Wait until the login password has been decrypted and typed out (the generator acts as a usb keyboard).
- Keep the password generator plugged in if you don't want to type the master password again for a pre-determined time (e.g. 10 minutes). Unplug it when you are done.