So here's a little contest for fun. The idea is simple:
- The contest starts on 2016-07-13 00:00 UTC, and ends 2016-08-29 00:00 UTC.
- You can submit any project on http://hackaday.io by selecting it in the "Submit project to..." menu on the project's page.
- To qualify, your project has to use an ESP8266 or ESP8285 microcontroller as an essential part, and must run MicroPython on it.
- It can be a new or existing project. You can even switch to Micropython in a project that previously used something else.
- Bonus points for writing and making available new libraries or hardware drivers for Micropython.
- After the end date, I will choose the project that I like the most. In case of a tie I reserve the right to choose several projects.
- The authors of that project will receive a prize -- an #OpenMV board.
- You can also submit the same project to the Hackaday Prize, if it fits the criteria.
Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with Espressif. I'm just a user of MicroPython that wants to encourage others to see how great that language is. I am also not affiliated with OpenMV, I just have a spare one from Kickstarter that I want to give as a prize.