Open build , Solar Charged , robotic or RC lawn mower with interchangeable attachments for leaves , trash , edging , weed eating and more.
I used a box of 100 screws and drive them into the solid rubber tire, the screws seemed to work really well at holding grip. I may consider moving to a all rubber tractor tire , but this is working fine. The screw heads stick out .5 inches. I will clean them off and coat the tire and screws with a thick coat of liquid rubber from plastidip so I can keep them from scratching the driveway and also have matching black wheels / tires. This guy also needs a paint job !!
First time out in the yard with high grass, I immediately noticed that the wheels are too slippery to keep any grip. I will try some other options to get good grip on the soil without damaging the yard.
This is controlled in RC mode there.
Sabertooth 2 x 12 motor controller to power the motors from two 24 volt lawn and garden batteries..
These are 8 inch omniwheels, two meshed together I found online, andymart.com
I had to tap on bearings on the original axle the mowers wheels came off of. Two bearings support one wheel. one inner and one outer with a bold on the outside.
The Jazzy and the mower are together for the first time. I had an initial movement test and took a video.
The jazzy has a lot of parts I wont need, like the stalk on the top for example. I want to do something to get more grippy wheels as well. In this picture I removed the center post that bolted in.
Ok so I picked up some hardware. 1/2" steel zinc threaded rod , nuts, wing nuts and lock nuts. Should be able to basically slide the shaft in or out by unscrewing a wing nut when done. I removed the original axle and it appears to fit in fine.
Next I need to pull out the grinder and cut away the center post that is in the way and drill out all the holes the shaft will slide through to 1/2"
started stripping down the jazzy and removing brackets , wires and controller that will not be used, it has a circuit breaker set for 30 amps , hmm I wonder if I will leave it in, 15 amps max per battery is not a very high ceiling.
Anyways as always feedback is welcome