We will measure the electrical consumption of a resistor to heat water, consume approximately 870 Watts and visualize the measurements in a dashboard.
Initially it is required to download the App to our device:
Materials and where to buy them very cheap !!
- Meter PZEM 004 with display
- Meter PZEM 004T & Three phase meters
- Immersion heater / Resistance Water heater
- ESP8266 NodeMCU
Arduino IDE Code
The routine created in Arduino IDE, esp8266 performs the reading of the meter pzem-004 through the serial port.
5 variables have been defined:
- Instantaneous voltage
- Instant current.
- Instant power.
- Accumulated power.
- Scan ms, to verify the communication with the esp8266.
For the sending to the Blynk platform, 8 virtual writing variables have been created, and the data is sent every 10 seconds.
The resistance consumes approximately 895 Watts.
The application worked excellent without any problem, as long as the correct reading of the meter is guaranteed, the visualization in Blynk will not be affected
In general there was no major complication, this is only a basic test, in future integrations with Blynk derived from this project we could perform:
- Measurements of temperature.
- Heating resistance control via Relay or PWM AC.
- Integrations with Wifimanager to facilitate configuration.
- OTA integrations for remote programming of esp8266.