The goal of this project is to create a cheap capacitive and wireless soil moisture sensor to be implemented on the crop field. So it's key features would be:
- High precision and reliability moisture monitoring
- Temperature compensation of moisture level
- Sound alert ( to inform low moisture levels )
- Light sensing ( to schedule the irrigation on early morning )
- Long range wireless communication ( between 100-500 meters )
- Waterproof ( to irrigate without worrying about damaging the sensor)
- The cost of the sensor must be very low, around $5 USD.