This log is about troubleshooting. I'll add to it as we identify troubleshooting issues. Please leave a comment if you know of any others!
1) Sipper position
While the electronics on the sipper device are pretty much bulletproof, we have noticed the position of the sipper tubes can shift a bit, so these should be checked carefully. Specifically, it's possible for one tube to move out of the detection beam, which obviously introduces error into the experiment. Here's an example, with the red line estimating the position of the detection beam. The sipper on the right is positioned too far from the detection beam.
We're working on updating the 3D design to reduce this possibility, but either way it's a good idea to check this before putting them in with mice!