This project came to my mind when I was working with the "SparkFun ESP32 Thing" and "SparkFun Battery Babysitter" boards.
The idea is to create an ESP32-based board which has onboard advanced battery management with:
- automatic charging current selection (0.5A, 1A, 1.5A),
- battery monitoring via I2C,
- optional interrupt signal from monitoring,
- optional temperature sensor for the battery,
- optional charge timeout value,
- pin compatible with the SparkFun ESP32 Thing,
- the Arduino library for SparkFun Battery Babysitter works with it.