This is a Raspberry Pi based Home Automation Manager. It utilises mosquitto, Homebridge, Homebridge-mqtt, Domoticz and the projects contained in my other GitHub repositories to automate airconditioning, doorbell, lighting, power outlets, flood sensors, door sensors, window blinds and a garage door opener.
Software Functional Overview
This outlines the Python objects of the Home Manager controller and how they interact with Domoticz, Homebridge and the three other controllers that comprise the overall system.
Aircon Logs and Analytics
Logging of the key aircon data is undertaken to allow analysis and optimisation of its performance. Here are some examples:
This monitor provides doorbell automation for a Fermax 4 + N Electronic Door Entry System This project uses a Raspberry Pi to:
- Auto Mode: Play a recoded message when the doorbell is rung and open the door so that deliveries can be left in a secure location
- Manual Mode: Places a Video SIP call to your mobile phone when the doorbell is rung so that you can see the person at the door and converse with them
- Idle Mode: Normal door station functions take place. In all modes, a photo of the caller is taken and stored for later reference and a pushover message is sent that contains the photo. There is also the option to only allow Auto mode during certain hours of the day and days of the week and to disable auto mode if the apartment's door is open.
In addition to the mode setting buttons and indicators, an mqtt interface is provided in the doorbell monitor to allow the Home Manager to remotely set modes and to open the door manually.
Garage Door Opener
This Garage Door Opener is a simple Raspberry Pi project to open a garage door remotely using mqtt commands generated by this Home Manager when requested by the Apple Home App button. It uses an existing garage door remote.
Window Blind Control
Control of window blinds is enabled via a Somfy myLink Interface. Each blind can be manually adjusted via the Apple Home App to one of three positions (closed, open or venetian). Home Manager also provides the capability to:
- Link the blind control to an external light sensor and temperature sensor so that the blinds will automatically adjust to external light and temperature levels. That automatic mode can be manually over-ridden from the Appkle Home App.
- Link the blind control to door states so that any blinds covering doors cannot be closed if the door is open.
Z-Wave Sensor Readings and Device Control
The Home Manager interacts with Z-Wave sensors and devices via Domoticz and uses Homebridge to allow users to view and control those sensors and devices using the Apple Home App. The following screenshots provide some...Read more »