Open Hardware Mini PCI Express GPS module for embedded telemetry or DIY projects. The module can be used with both passive and active antennas, supports various GPS modules in the widely used uBlox NEO footprint and is easy to assemble at home.
Main features include:
- compatible with multiple GPS modules (tested with Fibocom GTS-4E and uBLOX NEO-M6)
- compliant with the half mPCI Express mechanical and electrical specifications (rev 2.1)
- relatively easy to assemble at home (some experience with SMD soldering required)
- no special driver required under Linux (exposed as CDC interface)
- separate .1inch breakout header for UART interfacing
- compliant with most cheap mPCI to USB solutions