I never found an alarm clock that had all the features I want. After trying a lot of devices and phone apps - both commerically available and self-build, I recognized that my special requirements can only be fulfilled by creating something by myself. I often was close to a solution, but then it turned out to be another fail.
Now finally it is there: The ultimate alarm clock.
My special requirements for the ultimate alarm clock:
- Anti-fool feature: Restrict setting a new alarm directly after alarm was stopped
- Limited snoozing: Only x times snooze for y minutes after an alarm is allowed or no snoozing is allowed
- User defined sound: Wake with randomly changing sounds / music
- Delta-time: Display time until alarm when setting a target time for alarm
- Aim-time: Display the alarm time when setting a duration time until alarm
- Nap feature: Set a pre-defined delta time (e.g. for a quick sleep) with one tap
- Easy firmware update: USB-connection to update SW
- Touch-display: Not a lot of switches, nobs and buttons
- Quick time-setting: Setting the time quickly (i.e. not 60 button presses to set the minute)
- Redundant alarm: If the (MP3) audio-output fails, activate the buzzer
- Form factor: Should be small and avoid lots of cables
Enjoy this project?