Latest video with three coils controlled via midi:
Known bugs (V1.5)
- Missing pulldown for gatedriver input of the flyback converter. This can cause problems when in DFU mode as the mosfet might switch on permanently, shorting VUSB
- Missing input decoupling capacitors underneath the LMG5200. Adding additional high-quality 100pF and 100nF ceramic capacitors on the bottom of the pcb improves performance drastically
- Unknown problem causes GaN module to fail when touching the arcs with the finger or a screwdriver. The reason for this is unknown so far. Maybe EMI, maybe bad layout. Just don't touch the arcs for too long for now. Discharges to air work reliably.
Ideas for V1.6 (or V2.0?)
- 4 layer design to improve the ground return loop
- connect the button to both BOOT0 and a GPIO so no additional jumper for initial flashing is required
- primary current feedback for overcurrent protection and feedback with less propagation delay for better zero current switching, using phase lead compensation
- physical MIDI input & output jacks
I see you added some build instructions to github, and the version of the PCB in that is 1.7. Is that version checked in to github?