I am about to start build the updated version of my curve tracer. I was thinking about a lot, what will I need to improve the functions on the tracer. I was looking the Huntron 3200S spec on the internet, when I specified the functions on mine tracer.
I was sure, if i would like to updrade, I will need more space and a bigger screen, because the last one was a bit small (2.3" LCD). I found a 3.95" LCD touch screen with better resolution (480x320).
The new version will have:
- Two channel input with alternating function, and with that I will able to compare two component at the "same" time.
- Multiple frequency, voltage (sine wave) and input resistance ranges.
- Some buttons with inbuilt LED and a touch display for the easier operation.
- End of the project I would like to make a software for PC and with that I will can log characteristics for save that later repairs.
- If I will have enough money, I would like to make a scanner, wich has around 64 input to measure characteristics on IC-s directly with much better speed.
Only one main part missing, which is an Arduino DUE.
Some photos about parts, what I bought: