Alternative solution to commercially available feeders with simple design and general multi-purpose use (e.g., for behavioral tasks and easy integration with contingency-triggered pellet dispensing and clearing).
Initial prototype to be designed for use with 20mg pellets.
Target features include:
- Open-source pellet dispenser based on the mechanisms in FED3
- major design change - angled pellet-loading "Ferris wheel " rotor to minimize jams
- Two inputs for
- TTL pulse-triggered pellet dispensing
- TTL-pulse triggered pellet removal via servo trapdoor with removable catch basin
- Test buttons to trigger pellet delivery and trap door for quality checks
- Photo-interrupter beam to ensure successful pellet drop
- RBG LED indicator for identifying pellet dispensing status / problems