Created with these premises in mind:
- Has to be adaptable to any webcam
- Have to be easy to print and set-up
- Arduino compatible / Python code controllable
- With a smooth but fast movement
- Robust but portable
This remotely operated Webcam robot is a remotely controlled arduino robot created with 3D printed parts. With only two NEMA17 motors (popular and inexpensive), this robot is able to point any object in the X and Y axis. The amplitude, speed and acceleration of its movements can be configured in the CODE. The maximum WI-FI signal range is 60 meters (direct view).
Webcam pointer robot Specifications
- Total height: 200 mm.
- Nº of axis: 2 (altitude and azimuth)
- Freedom of movement: -60° to +240° altitude, 0° to ±180° azimuth
- Max rotational speed: 360°/second
- Total Weight: 920 grams
- Repeatability (degrees): 0.1
- Maximum Payload Capacity without the need of weight balancing (camera/laser/torch):280 grams
- Driving motors: 2x NEMA17 1.8° stepper motor
- Can control a 12V up to 0.5A light/laser via software when connected to the AUX port on the DEVIA control board.
- Firmware: Arduino code. Control software: Python. Both are freely available.
- Xbox /PS4 controller compatible
- Portable (you can use any 9 to 15V DC battery pack or power source)
ABOVE: Mounting an action camera used as webcam
Assembly instruction, BOM and CODE can be found here: