Possibly you remember the last construction of the pitch actuator for the first version of #WinDIY.
(If not you can see it for example here: https://hackaday.io/project/172328-windiy-hawt-wind-turbine/log/181897-pitchaktor-mark2-mark3-and-mark4)
At that time I built four versions because after each version I thought that I had now found the perfect design (which of course I didn't have).
That's why I want to test the new design more this time before using it in the final design. For this purpose I built a small test setup with which I can test the torque of the pitch actuator. I printed a wheel with a radius of 10cm and attached a rope to it. In order to determine the maximum torque I have attached various weights and determined at which weight the gearbox is blocked. The torque can then be calculated using the weight force of the attached weight.
Result: The pitch actuator is strong enough for my application. But of course every gear also has a final boss. :)
The heaviest wheight was about 3kg. At that point I did also end the test since this should be already more than sufficient. :)
You can see the a summary of the test in the following video