I just finished the multi fridge compressor unit and did some testing with it.
(I built a unit made of 8 fridge compressors that I converted to air compressors)
The airflow is pretty high and I think it will do its job pretty well. I will add another build log with pictures of it soon.
I also did more testing of underwater plasma cutting, but I think for the sake of cutting quality and prevention of rusty linear rails I will ditch that idea and do the cutting in the common way.
Maybe I add a water pump for protection or part cooling, but no more underwater cutting for now (until I change my mind again 😅)
Now I will focus my work on doing test cuts and finding ways to optimize the system.
So, I think solving the problem of a loud air compressor is a major step toward making plasma cutting as apartment friendly as 3D printing.
I cut a hole in the top of the cover to prevent water condensation and rust on the bearings. I also lowered the water level to a minimum to extinguish the sparks that falls to the bottom.