So lets do some hardware stuff.
To change the resistance on the bike trainer I had to "update" the bowden cable parts.
I didn't want to destroy the old system so I manufatured my bowden cable, from some bike break cables and a nail. It's a bit more rigit due to the thickness, but this will help during "push and pull" of the servo.
This new cable was then fixed on the eddy current brake (this part previously had a spring, but the servo can push and pull the cable,... so no need for it).
Here my first test fit.
And the first test fit with everything put back together.
For testing I used an remote control and found that the servo needed more power.
Next thing to do was to build a servo fixture.
So I bent and tack welded some angle steel I had around the shop.
(I know,... I need more practice welding)
Finally some holes and threading for the servo and the new servo arm with the correct length.
Last check back with the plans.
And one last (blurry) picture with everything put back together.