I wanted to have things like theses:
- For the hardware part:
- 10 inch e-ink,
- RAM : 4 Gb,
- Emmc : 16Gb,
- a SDcard reader
- For the software part:
- linux <3
- read every sort of books (mainly pdf and ebook),
- install some manga readers like tachiyomi or komikku,
- install koreader (it was not mandatory but it is a nice all-in-one reader).
At first the perfect candidate was the PineNote but the overall price was a bit expensive if I wanted to import it here.
The others, at that time, were :
- the Onyx Boox Note Air2, the Onyx Boox Note 5 which were hard to find,
- the Boyue Likebook P10 2 which has Android 8 and only 2 Gb of RAM and hard to find here,
- the Kobo Elipsa with a closed OS (so long for installing my apps XD),
- the Bookeen Notéa V2 but has only 3 Gb of RAM and 32 Gb of storage.
The main drawback was : impossible to customize the OS or install everything I want.
So now, what's next ? Well, I decided to make my own.