Over the last week I've spent a lot of time and money designing and ordering a new prototype with the RP2040 and supporting components surface-mounted to the module. The reasons for this are:
- to gain some GPIO, necessary for some of the future development I mentioned in the last log.
I don't know how all of this will go. But on the aesthetic point, I've been looking at it here on my desk and had an idea. Now that I've tried it it looks so good and seems so obvious that I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before.
Yes I've moved the Feather to the back of the board so that the gubbins on the dev board are not visible at all. (This has led to other ideas, that I won't go into for now.)
This has totally changed the way that I feel about this version. Not only is it working extremely well but with this one small change I really love the way it looks.
To the point of this log. When you order prototype pcbs, the minimum quantity is 5. Therefore I have four more of these boards, and would rather like to build them up and see them in use.
I need to be clear that I am actively working on this. I hope to have a version that will deal with the points discussed in the last log and have the components directly on the module, ie not use a dev board.
Here's a beauty parade.