Now the current plan will precede in the following stages:
- Finish testing with stereo camera and make any improvements
- Prototype Stewart Platform using 6 micro servos and test response to Vive
- Use FPGA to analyze traffic between Raspberry Pi and Pi Camera V2.1 so I can emulate it and hopefully get 4k 30fps video feeding into FPGA, currently planning to use Artix based Zync
- Reverse engineer drivers for WiGig module for streaming low latency video from robot to Vive, rewrite drivers for Zync
- Come up with robots drive system, if possible stair climbing/jumping
- Finalize all hardware on robot, polished dedicated PCBs for robot and Vive
It’s going to be quite a challenge getting the FPGA software sorted so if anyone knows about communicating with the Pi Camera V2 or WiGig drivers and wants to provide some code, advice, or link me to resources I would appreciate it.