It's been a while since my last update. I've been... busy. I made a video of the little plotter drawing some pictures with a very rough description of what's going on. Here it is.
So, about that busyness. I finally got a 3D printer and I've been producing lots of toys for the kid, robots for me, and parts for projects. I also drew up and printed a thing like an egg-bot to draw on ping pong balls. I tried this crosshatching code with it and it worked, but the thickness of the marker combined with the tiny canvas just makes it too messy. Oh well, it was just for fun.
As for code updates, I fixed a couple simple bugs and cleaned a bit, but it is functionally the same. I wanted to make a gcode version, but found my gcode skills are lacking, so it still makes use of the clumsy protocol for talking to an Arduino. It works fine, but is worthless unless I upload the Arduino side of the code. I'll get that up this week.