DIY Virtual Reality Headset
Teaching natural science to the public at the Visual World Investigate Lab in the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Can handle both virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Cable suspension system to prevent entanglement.
- Includes a wand for interacting with programs.
- Tracks user's head position and physical location in the room (walking IRL = walking in the program).
- 3D printed parts using PLA and a MarkerBot Replicator 2
- Arduino: Adafruit Trinket Pro
- Gyroscope: Adafruit BNO055
- 7" 1920x180 screen
- Glass: double-Fresnel lenses (Wearlity)
- Lots of necessary and unnecessary lighting
Enjoy this project?