The isolated SPI module I have designed for applications, where SPI signals need to be transferred over longer distances as usually. It is based on Linear's LTC6820. The board is designed as two layer stack-up, with GND plane on the bottom layer and signal traces and components at the top layer. Signals and power are supplied over standard 100 mil (2.54mm) pitch IDC header.
- Board can act as Master or Slave (adjustable via Jumper)
- Dimensions: 40 x 30 mm (1.575" x 1.185")
- 1 Mbps Isolated SPI Data Communication at 10m
- 0.5 Mbps Isolated SPI Data Communication at 100m
- Galvanic Isolation Barrier using standard transformer (1500V)
- 3.5V to 15V Supply Voltage Range
- No software changes are required in most SPI systems
- Screw terminal for twisted pair cables (i.e. as in CAT 5 Ethernet cable)
Open Source, manual and design files are available.