1Running the demo
This instructions will help you setup and run the demo as it is by booting from an SD card.
1. Hardware configuration
1.1 Hardware requirement
- All things listed in Components section
- A HDMI compatible screen
- HDMI cable
- Power supply
- CamerLink cable
- miniUSB to USB cable
- Power/IO connector for the camera
- a computer
1.2 Hardware setup
- Connect the power cable to the EMC² board but don’t switch the power on for now.
- Connect the USB cable between the EMC² board and the computer.
- Connect the screen to the HDMI output on the SEIC add-on board.
- Connect the camera to the FMC-CAMERALINK daughter board (Channel 2) using the CameraLink cable.
- Connect the Power/IO connector to the camera
Figure 1: EMC2 board setup
Figure 2: Camera setup
2. Software configuration
2.1 Software setup
- Copy the BOOT.BIN file from the project folder "sdsoc_app2\Release\sd_card" to the root folder of the first partition of a micro SD card. Such partition must be formatted as FAT32.
- Insert the card into the micro SD socket on the EMC2 board and power on the board.
- Open a serial terminal application (we tested it with Putty) and use the following settings:
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity bits: None
- Flow control: None
- After the terminal is connected, reset the board and you will see a menu with 4 choices:
- Make your choice and you should see the demo on the screen. If no signal appear, try to reset the board and make your choice again.
The console terminal will show the current frame-per-second-value: