06/29/2015 at 12:10 •
I got some time to work on my greenhouse this weekend. I'm slowly getting all the supplies together and putting together the frame. The openbeam is great and I've been lasercutting and printing various brackets to play with different options for assembly.
Here are some photos of the frame coming together and some of the stuff I got for this project:
06/15/2015 at 12:54 •
ok, so I managed to get going with my project this weekend. I'm starting with the physical aspect of the build. Building a frame that will hold everything and become the 'GreenHouse'. I started putting together a frame using acrylic and openbeam. I like the idea of using openbeam since I can easily 3d print or lasercut brackets to connect stuff together. It's my first project with openbeam so I'm learning a few things while working with it. This includes cutting it nicely and different ways to connect it all. I settled on lasercutting some l-corners. The plan is to lasercut some white acrylic for the sides.
About half of the frame is built. I also started collecting various bit and pieces for the rest. Current project inventory includes the following:
- 10 3w Red LED's
- 10 3w Blue LED's
- LED Driver
- Some openbeam and acrylic
- Various plastic containers
It took a while but I'm glad I'm up and running. Expect lot more frequent updates and photos :)