04/06/2018 at 16:15 •
Due to approaching exams and practicals (I am currently a Doctor of Physical Therapy student at Elon), I have been unable to really make much of a progress. Weather also hasn't been the best the past couple of weeks when I did have free time. I did update the Raspberry Pi and the software associated (RetroPi) but that was fairly uneventful. I am hoping that after my exams next week I am able to devote a little more time to project and get it going again before the April 25th deadline.
Wish me luck.
03/23/2018 at 15:57 •
The past week has been devoted strictly to getting the rest of the cabinet built. I've been having a couple issues with keeping everything square, which isn't necessarily a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but when I get to installing the side panels, I need everything to be square in order for the magnets to work properly in keeping the side door panel closed.
I have also been testing out stains in order to get one that closely resembles the furniture currently in my man cave. Because I am a matchy-matchy person, I would like to get it as close as possible.
I'd also like to give a huge shout-out to my dad for aiding me in the whole process. He's been the one to give me advice on the project and also to help me with the assembling.
03/09/2018 at 14:55 •
Sanded down the edges of the outside panels yesterday after class. It was ridiculously cold mind you, but I was able to accomplish what I wanted to get done for that day. I managed to cut the back panels that will be used for the drawers/storage on the backside.
I also placed the order for the molding that will be trimming the edges of the cabinet.
Will be looking at the electronics portion of the arcade over the next weekend and hopefully placing the order soon.
03/06/2018 at 20:14 •
I purchased the two pieces of birch plywood for the two side panels and hopefully the cabinet doors on the front. I will have to play around with the stain on excess pieces to get the color of stain that I want, which I will submit here.
I was able to make the cuts for the side panels the same day (2/20/18) and the shape looks just like I intended.
I did have a little trouble with the saw and the raw edges staying in good shape, but I believe after sanding, they will look clean and be ready for the stain.