wrote 04/29/2021 at 12:48
• 0 likes
• 1 min read
- ULN2003 is a 16 Pin IC, consisting of 7 Darlington pairs (each pair protected with suppression diode) and thus has the capability to handle a maximum of 7 loads (could be inductive).
- In simple words, we have 7 drivers in a single ULN2003 chip and thus can control maximum 7 loads.
- Each Darlington pair can handle a maximum of 500mA load, while the peak value is 600mA.
- Similarly, the maximum output voltage of each Darlington pair is 50V.
- In the below figure, you can see ULN2003 has 16 Pins, where inputs and their respective outputs are placed in front of each other (for ease of circuit design).
- Other than I/O Pins, we have Ground Pin where we need to provide 0V & Vcc (Common) Pin.
- ULN2003 has 16 pins in total:
- 7 Input pins (Pin # 1 to Pin # 7)
- 7 Output pins (Pin # 10 to Pin # 16)
- 1 Ground pin (Pin # 8)
- 1 COM pin (Pin # 9)