We can create and share custom digital images at almost no cost, but recreating our favorite digital images in paint on canvas is an expensive service that most cannot afford.
In today's world, if you want a custom canvas painting of a digital image you really only have two options. Either roll up your sleeves and spend the next couple of years learning how to bring your ideas to life on canvas or commission an experienced canvas painter to do it for you. Regardless of which route you go down, its unlikely you will be happy with the results without paying anything less than $300 per painting. Say you want three or four custom paintings for your living room or office - you may end up paying more for the paintings on the wall than you did for all the furniture in the room!
It's not the raw materials that make canvas paintings expensive. It's the time and dedication required to master hand-eye coordination, brush technique, and paint color mixing. But even if you decide to pay the high cost of mastery, there are still no shortcuts to creating canvas paintings. Good paintings simply take hours to create.
A cnc painting system that gives artists, crafters, and makers the ability to create canvas paintings of their favorite digital images cheaper and faster than ever before.
Weigh the high cost of custom canvas paintings against the decreasing costs of cnc machine components and software development and you will find that cnc painting systems can pay for themselves and start adding value in record time.
Ultimately, the If Then Paint cnc painting system adds value by automating the technical challenges that make custom paintings so expensive and time consuming. It can place paint on canvas with millimeters of precision, be programmed to perform any number of advanced brush stroke techniques, and mix hundreds of paint colors on demand. On top of that, it will perform all of these tasks through day and night without interruption.
Operating the machine doesn't take years of practice and dedication either. Simply upload an image, define the painting parameters, and watch the machine create your custom painting.
- A canvas painting productivity tool that artists can use to either create originals or replicate their best sellers faster than ever before.
- A tool for crafters that reduces the amount of time and practiced skill it takes to add personalized painted embelishments to decorations and paper crafts.
- An flexible system architecture that gives makers and hackers the ability to make custom enhancements with ease.
- A platform that artists, crafters, and makers around the world can use to share techniques and recreate each others paintings.
- A sign making tool for small businesses.
- A canvas painting learning tool for young artists.
- A platform for new canvas painting innovations.
John Opsahl is a hacker and creative. He works as a mechanical design engineer for a lithium battery manufacturer. After hours he develops new cnc art machine technologies and designs laser cut products for his Etsy shop. All of his projects address the challenge of making new technologies and products available to a larger audience.
He is currently looking for a business development partner to help bring the If Then Paint cnc painting system to market.... Read more »