Download, install and configure the software
Without getting into much details (there are good tutorials online) the following steps are necessary:
- Download Armbian and write the image to the Micro SD card.
- Using a terminal program like Putty (windows) or Screen (Linux) check that the machine is booting.
- On the serial terminal setup the wireless network to be able to access the machine later without the serial adapter using SSH.
- Install and configure DHCP server (link with good explanation)
- Format the SSD drive. I have used ext4 as a filesystem to be able to use iso images larger than 4GB. Some tutorials advise to install NTFS (ntfs-3g) support for Linux.
- Make SSD drive mountable on system startup (linkwith good explanation)
- Install and configure SAMBA Server
- Check that it is possible to accesse the file share from another computer